Read Pages 89-94
1) How do I improve retention and comprehension? (3pts)
· Information processing
· Concept formation
· Improving memory and retention
Provide ONE example for each of the above that YOU can apply when studying course material to help you with retaining and understanding the information.
(1 pt. each)
2) What is psychomotor learning?
3) What are the 4 basic skills of learning?
4) What are some indicators that may require you to adjust or withhold a patient’s treatment?
5) What is the difference between novice and expert?
6) Steps to better information processing! (7pts)
Identify the Key Cues
What is a cue? Give one example.
Organize and Prioritize the Cues
What are some of the categories of patient information? How can this be used to help during an intervention?
Reviewing the Pattern
What is the Guide to Physical Therapy Practice?
Identify deviations from the Pattern
(Read the grey box)
How can you identify a deviation with a patient? What should you do?
Synthesize and Draw Conclusion; for a “plan of action” NOT “plan of care”.
“So what?” What are the reasons you need to know as much information as possible about the patient and diagnosis/ disease progressions?
Mentation and Reflection
Define. Give an example for each.
Lifelong, self directed learning
Why is this important? What is “our” biggest resource to infromation with all aspects of Physical Therapy?
Chapter 9: Will I do well enough?
Read pages 97-104
1) (10pts) Complete weekly planner (attached) & fill out comments box with any “activities” or questions you are unsure of where they will fit in your schedule as an SPTA at FNU.
(1 pt. each)
2) You have not slept all night and you barely ate breakfast. You are about to begin a Practical Lab Exam, you have a “real patient” and 35minutes to complete all your tests/ data collection on them.. Your professor is watching you and the camera is pointing right at you… you panic! How do you overcome this? How do you control your performance anxiety?
3) What are two things you can control in order to help manage your stress during the program?
HONESTY IS (10pts)
· Identify YOUR problem; (highlight all that apply)
Limited Clinical background
Unable to see big picture
· NOW TAKE ACTION! Answer honestly!
Life style- do you have a healthy lifestyle?
Study habits- What works for you?
Use your resources- What helps you the most?
What is your relaxation response or method? – FIGURE THIS OUT NOW & PUT IT INTO PRACTICE!
Table 9-4; Which pattern of thinking are you? (List all that apply)
Chapter 10: Taking Control; Class discussion!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more